Unlink Skype Account from Hotmail/Live/Microsoft Email
At some point, while logging into your email through your web browser, if you logged into a Microsoft Email account that doesn’t have Skype associated with it, you have been asked if you want to link the two accounts. Once you say “yes”, the accounts are linked. This is great, except if you do this from a computer that isn’t yours, or possibly on a shared computer. It can easily result in your Skype Account being linked to someone else’s email account or your email account being linked to someone else’s Skype Account.
Effect of Linking Skype Account and Email Account
In the real world, if you don’t use Skype, then it doesn’t make much of a difference. It doesn’t affect your email – it just associates your email address with that Skype account. Even so, it’s something you will probably want to correct. Unfortunately, there is no self-service way to correct this. The only option for fixing it is to open a support request with Skype. Also, unfortunately, if you’ve tried this, you’ve probably noticed that opening a support request with Skype, like many other online companies, is nearly impossible. Nearly impossible, but not completely.
Steps to Unlink Skype Account from an Email account.
Follow the steps below to unlink a Skype Account from an Email Account. The steps have to be carried out by the Skype account holder.
- Go to this link: http://bitli.es/p931Hj
- Click Accounts & Sign in, from the first drop-down.
- From here, only certain selections will allow you to connect with Skype Support, so you have to choose one of those.
- Choose Cannot access paid services.
- In the next step, click text chat. Other than community support, that’s the only option you have.
- You may have to wait a little while to be helped, but that will connect you with a Skype representative. Just explain what you need them to do and they will open a support ticket to unlink the accounts.
Once Skype completes the request, the accounts will be unlinked and everything will be back to normal.