How to Find Your Kindle Serial Number
Why do you need your Kindle Serial Number?
There are many reasons why you might need to find your Kindle serial number
- To identify the model
- To receive warranty service
- To troubleshoot problems
- To find a lost or stolen Kindle
Steps to Find Your Kindle Serial Number
Getting Your Kindle Serial Number from the Device
Option 1: The serial number is on the box the Kindle came in. If you still have that, you can get it right from there.
Option 2: On the screen of your Kindle, open the menu>settings>device info. Your serial number is displayed there
Getting Your Kindle Serial Number When You Cannot Get it From the Device
Option 1: If you have registered the Kindle at some point (basically if you have ever used it), you can get the serial number from your devices page under your Amazon account. To do this,
- log into your Amazon account at Amazon.com.
- Then under your account and lists, select “Your Content and Devices”.
- On the following page, click on the tab that says “devices”. Your devices will be listed there.
- Click on the box next to a Kindle to get the information about that Kindle, including the serial number.
Option 2: Even if you never registered your Kindle, you should be able to get the Kindle Serial Number from your past orders. By going into your account again,
- select orders this time to bring up a list of orders in the past 6 months.
- You can change the time frame in the dropdown to go back as far as you want.
- Find the order with your Kindle on it,
- choose the option to see the details of the order and the model number and the serial number of your Kindle should be there.