Reset procedure for Brother Printers
If you own a Brother Printer, you will eventually need the Reset procedure for Brother Printers. Brother HL series printers, and Brother printers in general are notorious for their desire to stop you from printing once the printer decides that it’s time for you to replace one of it’s internal components. There are many errors possible on the Brother HL series Printers, each one representing a specific component that the error tells you to replace in order to proceed.
How to Reset Brother HL series printers
The most popular printers of the Brother HL series printers are the Brother HL-3070, Brother HL-4570CDW, Brother HL-4150CDN, and Brother HL-8250CDN at the time of this writing. This article applies to these three models – the Brother HL-3070, Brother HL-4570CDW. Brother HL-4150CDN, and Brother HL-8250CDN but may also apply to other Brother Printers.
Brother printers do need to be maintained in order to keep working in top condition, but yours may not need to be physically serviced or maintained every time it tells you so. While it is good practice to change parts when the printer tells you to, you might be able to get quite a bit more service from a component, depending on the type of printing you do. When this happens – when you get an error on a Brother HL-3070, Brother HL-4570CDW. Brother HL-4150CDN, or Brother HL-8250CDN laser printer telling that it’s time to change a toner, drum, fuser, or other part, you might be able to get away with just resetting the error and the use counter – at least for a period of time. This is not a permanent solution, since you will eventually have to replace the part. And once you do, you will still need to do the reset so the printer knows the part has been replaced.
Here is the reset procedure for Brother Printers, in particular, the Brother HL-3070, Brother HL-4570CDW. Brother HL-4150CDN, and Brother HL-8250CDN laser printers.
- To begin the reset procedure for Brother Printers, open the front cover of your Brother Laser Printer. This is the same door you would normally open to change your toner cartridges or your drum.
- The second step in the Reset procedure for Brother Printers is to simultaneously press and hold the Cancel & Secure Print buttons until you see the toner menu on the display.
- Next, use the “+” and “-” buttons to navigate the items to the toner you need to reset one or more (if any) and select it. You will need to press “Y” to to confirm the reset.
- Once you are done with the toner reset, you will be prompted to enter the reset menu for durable parts (like the fuser and toner). When you see this, press OK to enter the menu. It will display the reset counters for your printer’s drum, fuser, and other parts. Once again, navigate using the + and – buttons to select the item you wish to reset and press OK.
- The printer will then go through a short initialization and the counter will be reset. You should be able to resume your print job. If you have other counters you need to reset, just repeat the procedure to reset Brother Printers again, selection the next durable item to reset.