- Lift the printer access door, then remove the ink cartridges from the printhead.
NOTE: If the printhead does not move to the center position, press Home, then Maintenance on your printer. Check if the Install Ink Cartridge option is available. If so, select Install Ink Cartridges, press OK, and follow the instructions. Otherwise do the following:
- If an error is displayed on your printer control panel or the status monitor on your computer, press Cancel to clear the error.
- Go to KODAK All-in-One Printer Downloads and Drivers, select your printer from the All-in-One Printers pull-down list, and download and install the latest firmware version for your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After you upgrade the firmware, press Home on the printer control panel.
- Select Maintenance, then press OK.
- Select Install Ink Cartridges, then press OK.
- Follow the instructions on the control panel LCD.
- Go to the next step.
- Insert the black ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
- Insert the color ink cartridge into the printhead, then press down firmly until you hear it click into position.
- Close the printer access door.
- Press OK to clear the error.
- Make a print.
If this doesn’t correct the problem, there is one last thing you can try. Slide a piece of card stock or similar paper through the paper path in the direction it would normally feed (with the printer off). After doing that, turn the printer over and give it a little shake. Return the printer to it’s normal position, turn it on and try again. Sometimes there is dust or a very small piece of paper blocking a sensor and this problem will correct that situation. And surprisingly, turning a printer and shaking it solves a large percentage of jammed printer problems!
If none of the above works to resolve the problem, the printer should be serviced or replaced.